Research on the benefits of herbal supplements
Vitamin C and the Immune System
- Vitamin C and Immune Function - Vitamin C contributes to immune defense by supporting various cellular functions of both the innate and adaptive immune system.
- Vitamin C: Why you need it and how to get enough of it - Vitamin C plays an important role in immune health and helps your body's immune system in a few different ways.
- 7 Impressive Ways Vitamin C Benefits Your Body - Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can strengthen your body’s natural defenses. Antioxidants are molecules that boost the immune system.
- Can vitamin C prevent a cold? - The most convincing evidence to date comes from a 2013 review of 29 randomized trials with more than 11,000 participants. Researchers found that among extremely active people...taking at least 200 mg of vitamin C every day appeared to cut the risk of getting a cold in half.
- Immunity In Depth - Vitamin C is a highly effective antioxidant that protects the body’s cells against reactive oxygen species that are generated by immune cells to kill pathogens.
- The top-rated liposomal Vitamin C supplements of 2021 - LivOn Laboratories Lypo–Spheric® Vitamin C is a quality liposomal product that uses a patented delivery system.
Olive Leaf Extract Benefits
- Effects of the Olive-Derived Polyphenol Oleuropein on Human Health - Recently, accumulating experimental, clinical, and epidemiological data have supported the traditional beliefs of the beneficial effect provided by olive derivates.
- Olive Leaf Extract Improves the Atherogenic Lipid Profile in Rats Fed a High Cholesterol Diet - because the olive leaf extract attenuates the increased cholesterol levels, it may have beneficial effects on atherosclerosis.
- Impact of phenolic-rich olive leaf extract on blood pressure, plasma lipids and inflammatory markers - A randomized, double-blind, controlled, crossover trial to investigate the effects of a phenolic-rich olive leaf extract (OLE) on BP and a number of associated vascular and metabolic measures.